Saturday, December 12, 2015

New Husband.....Life & Everything

I began this journey several year ago - ok, nearer to a decade - but that's a story for another day. I could go into background for pages.

The important thing here today though, is taking the first step. Through a series of wonderful and awful events (more wonderful by far), I found myself newly married to the man of my dreams & college crush but living in my mother's rental home with her and my younger sister. 4 adults and a dog in a 2 bedroom with a leaky basement is just downright sh***y all the way around. Luckily we had a reason for the chaos and a plan. Fast forward 5 months and we're 1300 miles away in the land of the seemingly eternal sunshine (AND humidity). We've both got new jobs, and we're renting a trailer...mobile home? Or is manufactured home more PC nowadays? I don't know, but either way it's a double wide. Upsides: double the square footage of the last place hubby and I rented by ourselves, great layout, and central AC - my first in a decade! Downsides: trailer park, warped wall paneling, gross floors. Complications: Being 3 months pregnant with our first child & trying to work on the house, work full time, and find a way to exercise PLUS eat healthy.

So, small steps.

We resumed our running schedule finally, as we took about a month off while we recouperated from a demanding (read theoretically dangerous and definitely ridiculous run) race plus started on our wall problems.

We started being able to stock up on groceries the way we're accustomed to, we have a full fridge and a kitchen of our own for the first time since April.

Most importantly though, it's time to remember how to destress and just let life come at us. We can't live in reaction mode all the time.

Current worries:
  • Keeping pregnancy quiet for another two weeks for a Christmas announcement
  • Maintaining run schedule
  • Starting a yoga schedule
  • Get the house decorated & fully unpacked for house guests arriving in 2 weeks
  • Wrap and mail Christmas presents
Strategies for achieving this:
  • DON'T post on Facebook about how I feel, especially if tired or nauseous.
  • DON'T let myself sit down at computer right after work. T, Th, and 1 weekend day I'm not allowed to shower unless I got a run in.
  • Dedicate just 20 minutes a day to get off computer, kindle, and ass to yoga - read about it every other day, do a short practice on the other days. Remember, in your own home you can do only 3 easy poses in your underwear if that's ALL you can handle
  • Unpack at least 2 boxes a day during week. 5-6 on weekends for the next week. The week after I will split up to get house decorated, and then a deep clean.
  • Ask hubby to wrap my presents (hey, delegating is an important skill). Make sure that happens by Wed, so they can be mailed out in time.
In the meantime, I need to remember to breathe. The universe tends to unfold as it should, and there are no life-threatening situations hanging over my head. Everyday I can only do what I can do and keep moving forward on the teeter-totter of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment