Sunday, June 5, 2016

Pregnancy Update Week 35

Baby size/Important facts: Baby should be around 20" long and 5.5 lbs! Baby's weight should be about 15% fat too. On the other end, skull is still thoroughly unfused to help with delivery. 

Size comparisons: Honeydew melon, plate of fried chicken, still a ukelele, 50 lbs rubber hex dumbbell, or a carton of a dozen eggs. 



Weight Change: Total gain of ~31 lbs. I dropped a little weight. No one is concerned. Stomach is being shrunk.

Waist Change: 
  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone:
    • Waist: 0.5"
    • Bellybutton: 0" 
  • Total gain: 
    • Waist: 6.5"
    • Bellybutton: 11.5"
Maternity clothes: Doing as well as I can. I feel like I'm starting to grow out of some of them. Shirts barely covering belly and some bottoms becoming terribly uncomfortable. But I still have several dresses and a skirt, plus one pair of shorts that's 100% ok, so I'll get through for sure. 

Bra changes: Starting to really strain my sports bra. 


Stretch marks: Still not seeing any. Still surprised!


Sleep: Still struggling here. Crotch pain, having to pee, sinking too far into bed to move easily...well there's just no answer. I'm only comfortable in any position for about an hour, and then it takes a lot of work to move.  





Workouts: Had to cut my last run short. I think my barefoot style shoes are no longer supportive enough for my weight, but we don't have the income to spend on more supportive shoes right now. We also don't have great access to softer surfaces to run on - it's all asphalt, concrete, or uneven grass. In short: shin splints are stopping me from running. Lungs, the rest of my legs, and belly are all willing enough. So I'll try again in a few days after my shins stop hurting. I still need to work on more squats, but they're becoming harder. Yoga has also moved into feeling ridiculous plus making me nauseous due to lack of stomach space. I really wish I had a prenatal yoga class to go to, they might have more creativity in coming up with things. I have only managed finding about 3-4 poses that work for me right now and each doesn't last long - therefore yoga just doesn't seem worth the effort. Why change clothes and lay out a mat for like 5 mins? 

Diet: Doing well in general with getting in decent food most of the time. My crazy schedule in the last week had a few days high in processed meat and lower in veggies, but when I'm literally in the car or at a doctor's office from 8 am til 1:30 pm, sometimes a deli sandwich and some beef jerky with apples and ritz crackers are the best you can do without eating out. So I do what I have to.  

Best moment this week: Had a great time with my dad and some homemade tacos on Memorial Day. Great plan!


Miss anything: Exercise in general. Feeling like a total lazy waste of space, but every single thing I try to do is exhausting, painful, or squishes my stomach in a nauseous fashion.   




Food cravings: Not really. I've entered into the point where I feel terrible after eating for about 2-3 hours, but if I don't eat every 2-3 hours I get terrible heartburn. I've decided there's no answers.  

Anything making you queasy or sick? Uhm, yoga, eating, sitting. Pretty much I feel like my stomach is starving and wants all the food, but then nothing fits and it all makes me uncomfortable with gas, nausea, or heartburn. I can't figure out an exercise/eating schedule that works for me. 

Sex Guess: Not really. Probably a boy just because I mentioned hoping for a girl and this kid is certainly stubborn enough to want to challenge me even in this.   

Labor signs: Still having a ton of BH, but no real pain, so we're not REALLY viewing them as a labor sign. There's some evidence that my mucus plug (seriously don't Google that if you don't really want to see gross stuff) is starting to fall apart. That isn't immediately concerning, so onward we march!

Symptoms: Braxton hicks, compressed stomach, terrible rib pain, terrible crotch/pelvic pain, nausea and/or heartburn. So it's really not so bad so long as I don't have to move or eat or anything. :)  


Baby position: Counting down the days until we schedule our ECV External Cephalic Version. The date should be right around June 14/15 and I should be scheduling it next Wed the 8th. Hopefully I'll be finding out on that day what the protocol is for everything about that, plus what happens when I go into labor and everything. I'm frustrated that they haven't given me that info yet. 


Belly button in or out? It goes further out everyday I think.  



Emotional state: Not getting any better. The more people try to convince me that c-sections are awesome/great/not so bad the worse I feel. Feeling forced into major abdominal surgery when you don't really believe it's necessarily the only or best option doesn't feel good to me. Continuing to worry about how my dissatisfaction with everything about how life is going right now is affecting and will continue to affect my baby. The more everyone tells me to "just focus on a healthy baby" and "stop worrying about the c-section" the more I worry that I'm no good at all for this baby. I will worry about a stressful delivery/recovery period, because no recovery is easy, and my recovery from surgery is likely to be much worse than most because I find hospitals and surgeries pretty horrifying. Just putting on a hospital gown or even thinking about doing that sends me into instant tears. I find it all demoralizing and awful. I was looking forward to having a med-free birth and finding it empowering to see what my body can do. Instead, everyday I get closer to having a birth that I pretty much don't participate in at all that I'm a mere bystander to. That's not more helpful to me. 

Looking forward to: Getting some answers from my midwife on Wednesday. Not knowing what the next step is, or will be in particular circumstances/outcomes, just leaves me more to worry about. 




Hoping to get another post up in the next few days too, relating to more pregnancy awkwardness. Unless I get too busy with my 6 appointments for various things next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment