Monday, January 14, 2019

Balance Growth With Rest

I know I've talked about this before, but a lot bears repeating and with the life changes for me, I've got to adjust again.


Resting. Yay couch!

I'm still looking at roughly 15 lbs to lose. I say roughly because the final number isn't my goal. It's about losing the extra fat around my middle and gaining muscle. Not that I'm going to look like a body builder, lol, or that I need to achieve a certain size or anything. But I don't feel as healthy or capable right now, and there's too much jiggle for my comfort.

I also know that my body is amazing and did another amazing thing and birthed this wonderful girl. So I want to set realistic goals. And because my body has changed, I'm not 100% sure how to set those goals. And that's OK!

So I want to "lose" some fat and weight. So my tentative goal is another 5 lbs down and then reevaluate. Because I *think* I need to be down another size or two, but with my new belly flap it's hard to say.

But, to be and stay mentally and phsyically well I also need down time. Even if it's not a whole lot. But a few minutes without kids crying or screaming and not having to do chores everyday means a lot.

But I don't want to pull it out of sleeping time, because I have a 4 month old, so sleeping time is precious.

And obviously I *can* do some workout time with kiddos, but I can't always count on that.

And I can't really let dishes or laundry get totally out of hand. The house doesn't have to be perfectly cleaned or picked up all the time, but I cannot run out of clean diapers or dishes. And those things get really really awful to deal with when they get out of control. So...nope.

I do some squats while holding Jade. I need to do a few more.

I am finding a way to get to just one mommy and me yoga class for free this week, so hopefully I can get some more ideas on how to do some yoga with my girl.

Legan will probably join in, which I love, and so maybe I can make a better effort to do some play workout with the two of them once per week, and maybe one day of workout alone, and another day of total family workout.

I'm not doing any running with Jade until she's 6 months old per recommendations. So we'll see. But I have to set temporary goals at least. I'd really love to build more strength.

But I can't schedule every minute of every day nor can I guilt myself for missing. Because job #1 is keeping the house afloat and taking care of the 3 of our basic needs. After that is enjoying kiddos, and then doing extra workout. So...

Balance.

Spend some time sitting and doing important mental work too - writing here helps to keep me feeling like being something besides just a mom. And finally wearing some clothes that fit help my mental state too.

But so does exercise and feeling fit. So I'll try to make a slightly better effort to do it. On the days that my lovely girl is letting me get enough sleep. Because there's a time for wine and cookie dough days too.


Doing some bridge work, because, COME ON GIRL


Upset 2 year old when I asked him to please let me go get his sister to sleep, so this is what he did. Sigh.


Got a brand new pair of pants but the style was so...off. So I made them into capris. I skipped workout this day to sew. No regrets.


My love girl




Jade getting a little downtime. No, she doesn't take pacifiers, but she does love to play with them


This is what making dinner looks like, so really, life is a workout

No comments:

Post a Comment