Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Week 17

It occurs to me that updating every week is just plain silly, so I'll update every 2-3 or as it seems like fun. 




Baby size/Important facts: Size comparisons: Turnip, onion, roll of toilet paper, pear, artichoke. Little leech is now starting to grow actual bones in place of cartilage and some fat deposits. Also, apparently their eyes work, even behind sealed eyelids.

Weight Change: I'm up a total of 3.5 lbs so far, thankfully gaining finally.

Waist Change: I've been measuring my belly at both my natural waistline (for as long as I can see it) and my belly button). Started at Week 10. Waist: 29 Bellybutton: 33.5. Size gain this week alone: 0.5" on both. Total gain: 1.5" on waist, 2.5" on bellybutton.

Maternity clothes? Hm. Well I have a few pairs of shorts I can hide under the bump. Shirts are becoming a bigger issue. Luckily pants and such tighter on my lower abdomen AREN'T hurting as much, so that's cleared up some pants/shorts issues. 

Bra changes: Still hanging out at 32H. Finally sucked it up and bought a new sports bra though. This helps with the running and the riding. 

Stretch marks? I have some from my teen years on my thighs, no new ones yet.

Sleep: I'm peeing LESS than before, so sleeping a bit better. I still take forever to fall asleep, but I'm doing better staying asleep. 

Workouts: Running 3x a week, at least 3 miles, and one of those is 4-5 miles, these are going pretty well. Doing better getting yoga & strength training in. This week I was finally able to add horseback riding back to my schedule. Slowly, mostly for her benefit, but honestly my hips are being so weird that me starting off only walking for a short time is best.

Diet: Generally pretty good. The house warmed up a bit in the last two weeks, so it's easier to live on healthy fruit/veg when it's above 60 degrees inside. 

Best moment this week: Finding a midwife that is willing to support me in the labor/delivery I want in Illinois if we have to move. 

Miss anything? The rest of my wardrobe.

Food cravings: Depends on the day. Occasionally a cookie now, which is weird. I take that to mean that I need more fat in my diet, and I'm happy to oblige.

Anything making you queasy or sick? The smell of cigarettes & diesel exhaust, still and always. Plus my toothbrush. Makes me gag every single time.

Sex Guess: We're Team Green (not finding out sex until birth), but guessing is fun. I'm waiting to have another guess until I feel the squirming around in there.

Labor signs: Thankfully no, better not for a long time.

Symptoms: Peeing has slowed, yay! So mostly just bladder pressure when running, and dizzy if I get up too fast. Oh, and the back pain/hip stability. If I lay down too long, my hips aren't steady when I get up. Doing some research and working on gearing my strength days & yoga practice towards helping that. 

Belly button in or out? In, and with a ring, but it's definitely shallower.

Wedding rings on or off: On, and loose.

Emotional state: A little more relax. We have financial concerns, but at least we know have plans and options. 

Looking forward to: Mostly just feeling the little one. Oh, and having some visitors down here in a couple weeks. Also, scheduling our Anatomy Scan (major ultrasound) very soon!


And the next person who asks if we're having a boy or girl...this is the answer they're getting. It's a kitten, definitely.



No comments:

Post a Comment