Thursday, January 7, 2016

Some Days You Just Gotta Bite the Bullet

I'm the first person to admit that I'm super awesome at being lazy. I'm out of full time work right now, and just spent a week with family here. Before that I spent 4 weeks working full time plus putting in 5-10 hours a day working on house, while in that lovely 1st trimester nauseousness. Everything I did made me want to be ill, as well as eating, and not eating. It was GREAT!

So I'll admit I've taken the idea of "taking some time for yourself" to a ridiculous degree the last two weeks. I've been incredibly lazy. Now, don't get me wrong, the house is reasonably clean, my dumb injured horse is getting taken care of everyday, and the Christmas stuff has been put away. At the same time, I'm not working and he's been making dinner more often than not.

However, I will take this moment to just accept my failings. So what, I can do better next time/tomorrow. No point in berating myself and feeling worse about it.

What I can be proud of is that I have run 3 times in the last week. I would have actually added in my strength training workout yesterday as planned, but I had a nasty headache bordering on migrane all day long.

But still, I went from 1 run a week to 3. Nice job me! Good accomplishment. I've also done better at getting more water into my system. Granted, I've been burning more of it off, so not sure that matters. I've also managed a walk after dinner every night for the last week, again excepting yesterday.

Goals:


  • Continue running 3x a week. 
  • Continue walking 7x a week
  • Make tomorrow my yoga day
  • Help a friend move on Sunday and count that as my strength training day (hey, not a bad replacement)
I will say, I have NEVER regretted a run/workout afterwards. I have spent all day (or several days) obsessing about it and dreading it, but afterwards I always feel accomplished. If you keep your exercise/workout within limits you know are safe & in your current ability you should feel excited at the end. You can be excited just that it's over, but there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't start out way beyond your capabilities and hurt yourself. 

Also this week: we are challenging ourselves to eating healthier. Will post shortly on a simple equation for healthy meals and some easy ways to sneak veggies in. 

I challenge you to pick yourself up and force yourself into a workout habit. It doesn't matter the scale. If you do NOTHING now, then set a goal of a 10-15 min walk every day. If you're a walker already, add some hills, or some distance, or a short jog in the middle of it. Just get out there and bite the bullet. The first step is the hardest. This week I used my hubby getting home from work to force me to get up off the couch and get my butt in gear. 

Find your balance between life and health. Too much of one takes too large of a toll on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment