Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Pregnancy Update Weeks 28-30

Baby size/Important facts: Baby has grown from 2.5 to a smidge over 3 lbs, and should be 17" long or more. Practicing hiccups, breathing, and starting to accumulate fat too. Just this week, is making his/her own red blood cells in his/her bone marrow for the first time! Huge marker for doing well outside the womb.

Size comparisons: We went from a lunch box to a loaf of bread. Here's all the funny things we went through: baseball hat, original Nintendo gaming system, 1 lbs basket of wings, gallon jug of milk, skull of T-800, and Gizmo! Here's the current (in one day) size: stack of TV dinners (didn't say how many) or a cheesecake from The Cheesecake factory.



Weight Change: Total gain of ~25 lbs, back on the gaining train

Waist Change: 
  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone:
    • Waist: N/A
    • Bellybutton: N/A 
  • Total gain: 
    • Waist: 6.5"
    • Bellybutton: 8.5"
Maternity clothes: Doing well, which is good, as I now have clothes scattered amongst two different states for the next week ish. Gotta be careful folding down the bands in the high belly bottoms because they can dig in when I sit, but if I pull them up it's hot and the seam shows right about at my belly button level. I'm now starting to wonder what I'm going to wear to nurse in - at least when I have to leave the house. 


Not me, but This is the bra I think I want - it comes in my size! Thank you Dairy Fairy for coming up with a size called "Petite Plus" which covers those of us with small band/large boob issues!

Bra changes: No new sizing, which is good! Picked up a few more for nursing. I have one more online store that carries I think ONE bra in my size before I'll have to resort to $80 bras at Nordstroms or even more pricey options...

Stretch marks: Still not seeing any.

Sleep: Touch and go. This week I'm sleeping alone so that is both awesome for stealing pillows and not being too hot - but it's lonely which is hard. Last week bouncing around between air mattresses and such was pretty rough, plus I had a cold.


Workouts: Haha, well that's pretty much done, though I haven't given up yet! I did quit riding purposefully. I rode a shorter amount of time but was sore even WHILE riding, so I decided we were done with that game. I did a few more yoga and lifting workouts, but then had to pack up my stuff. I ran once more I think, and I'm willing to go back to 2-3 mile run/walks...as soon as I have someone to go with though. I don't like going alone ever, but especially not now. 

Diet: Had a lovely sushi meal last week plus all sorts of other fun meals while we were out and about. This week I'm just trying to get by on bare basics so not the best but I'm making sure to get tuna and spinach into my organic macaroni and cheese. Is it the best? Nope! But it doesn't cost me $10 a meal and keeps the fridge empty. 



Mr. Barley having Barley/Baby snuggle time while I was working hard on Mommy/Barley snuggle time. Good enough! 

Best moment this week: Reuniting with Mr. Barley after a whole 10 days without him. He doesn't necessarily hang out with me all the time, but at least he snuggles well. I'm hoping that after birth he'll go back to his constant cuddles whenever I sit down. 

Miss anything: Sleep and comfort driving!

Food cravings: Had my Qdoba burrito finally. It was AWESOME. Plus some actual decent pizza in Chicago. Which was magical. Otherwise, no real cravings.  

Anything making you queasy or sick? Eating too fast. 

Sex Guess: I've decided that A: so many people are convinced it's a boy that it must be a girl and B: my dear husband is SUCH a constant dancer that there's no way a son of his would really be this chill in the womb, therefore it must be a girl. So girl for now.  


I think I'm only 4 weeks ahead and it's her second baby, but wow, I'm feeling huge in comparison!

Labor signs: Nothing new, just working on making sure that I balance drinking enough water with not letting my bladder get full to make sure the braxton hicks stay irregular.  

Symptoms: Heartburn (mostly after pizza or other awesome foods), braxton hicks, baby dance parties, hip/pelvis soreness, gas, and pinched nerves in the rib area - mostly when sitting esp. in a car. 

Baby position: very much breech! We're going to try to get to a chiropractor in the next two weeks and go a few times before birth just to see if it will help him/her figure out it's time to start flipping over.

Belly button in or out? Out. As long as I'm doing anything. It actually retreats back in when I lay down a bit. 




Our soon to be ex-walls, and the new lime green ring from Qalo

Wedding rings on or off: Off, and on a necklace. Loving my silicone ring though!

Emotional state: Very stressed out with move and final details and being home alone and not happy with the prenatal care/birthing location options up north. Still haven't made a final decision as to where I'll have care/delivery, but I know that none of the options fulfill all of my wants.

Looking forward to: Getting unpacked and therefore being able to finally set up the nursery! I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to have everything we need by week 34 in case this little leech debuts early, and I'll be at 31 weeks by the time I have a chance to start, so it's FREAKING GO TIME! Plus I need a stroller, high chair, diapers, bottles, and several other essentials still...



Week 30 picture to be shown with week 31, as I can't take it until Saturday, and we'll be on the road until Monday.

Here's a few fun shower pictures! More pictures of gifts/baby items in the next two weeks as I finally get to take stuff out and get it washed and such!


Desserts! With a ducky cake!


Diaper "cake"!


Oh wow so many gifts, and ADORABLE banner!


We're trying to look cute, I'm not impressed.


Handmade onesies!!


And a few more of them!


Handmade afghan!


How many people received handmade gifts at their baby shower?


No comments:

Post a Comment