Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pregnancy Update Week 18

Baby size/Important facts: 6.5" long and 6 oz! Leech has learned to yawn and can now hear voices outside of me. Size comparisons: Can of soda, sweet potato, bell pepper




Weight Change: Total gain of 7 lbs! Whoo-hoo finally catching up!


Waist Change: 


  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone: 
    • Waist: 0.5" 
    • Bellybutton: 1" 
  • Total gain: 
    • Waist: 2" 
    • Bellybutton: 2.5" 

Maternity clothes: Still only a couple pairs of shorts and pants I can wear. Shirts are also becoming a problem, as I've always been comfy in fitted tops. I have only a couple that are long enough. Trying to get by without spending more $$ on clothes though. 

Bra changes: Loving my new sports bra. Starting to overfill the only two nursing bras I found, but it's not hurting, so I'm ignoring the "double boob" look for now. 

Stretch marks: I have some from my teen years on my thighs, no new ones yet.

Sleep: Somewhere between my hips/back being uncomfortable and feeling hot most of the time, I'm having trouble sleeping more than 3-4 hours a night. Then I can usually get up, eat something, cool off, and then sleep for another 90 minutes, but by then I've been mostly in bed for 10-11 hours and that's too much time. Trying to figure this out. 




Workouts: Running 3x a week, at least 3 miles, and one of those is 4-5 miles, these are going pretty well. Doing better getting yoga & strength training in. I have been riding 4 x per week, increasing only slowly, but my hips haven't been MORE unhappy about it, so I'll go with it. 

Diet: Not as great this week. I've just been starving and we didn't do as well keep leftovers around, so I've been shoving in whatever I can get in as fast as possible. Starting to really want high fat foods, but I'm wondering if I honestly am needing the calories of a juicy burger or something. I'm not craving junk, just heavy solid meals. 

Best moment this week: Looking down and my belly hiding my toes for the first time.

Miss anything? Comfortable clothes to ride in. My jeans with belly band just slip down past my butt if I try to ride. One pair of riding pants sits just slightly too high so that it pushes on me too much. The other pair is super high and that high part is starting to not be stretchy enough. 

Food cravings: Nothing really, just enjoying that I actually like candy/chocolate again. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? The smell of cigarettes & diesel exhaust, still and always. Plus my toothbrush. Makes me gag every single time.

Sex Guess: We're Team Green (not finding out sex until birth), but guessing is fun. I had a dream this week that we accidentally (due to a great visual of genitals) found out during our ultrasound that it's a boy. Hm. 

Labor signs: Thankfully no, better not for a long time.

Symptoms: Starving - always, heartburn, gas, ungainliness, forgetfulness, and sleep disturbances. 




Belly button in or out? The right side was always a little shallower, and it's starting to be almost flush with the rest of my belly. Firmly still in on the left. 

Wedding rings on or off: On, and loose.

Emotional state: Frustrated with lack of ability to buy baby stuff, maternity clothes, prenatal massage, or actually prenatal yoga classes.  

Looking forward to: Feeling the leech doing gymnastics, hearing heartbeat again on Wednesday, family arriving on Tuesday, and getting that darn ultrasound scheduled!




I am starting to get a little frustrated with people telling me that they know ALL about how my pregnancy is going to go, just because they've been pregnant. Everyone is different. Also, not really interested in hearing about how newborns don't sleep. I know. However, me not being able to sleep right now is a bigger issue and different. It's bad when I can't manage to sleep by myself, without external things waking me up. I can handle being sleep deprived for good reasons. 

On the other end, I am very comfortable to hear and listen to any and all birth stories, from the super easy to the horrible ones. I feel like the more info and knowledge I have, the better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment