Saturday, February 20, 2016

Pregnancy Update Week 20 - HALFWAY!!!

Baby size/Important facts: 6.5" and ~ 10 oz. This week, they're excited that genitals are starting to form more fully. 

Size comparisons: Philly cheesesteak, whoopie cushion, Chipotle burrito, red Swingline stapler, small cantalope!


Weight Change: Total gain of ~10 lbs

Waist Change: 
  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone:
    • Waist: 0.5"
    • Bellybutton: 0"
  • Total gain:
    • Waist: 2.5"
    • Bellybutton: 4"




















Maternity clothes: I was lucky enough to get gifted a shopping trip. I now have 2 pairs of pants, some capris and shorts, plus a dress and several tops to wear, YAY! I still have a couple pairs of pj type bottoms that work okay inside the house and a few shirts (though not many) that may actually make it to the third trimester.

Bra changes: Mostly staying the same recently, thankfully. 




Stretch marks: I have some from my teen years on my thighs, no new ones yet.

Sleep: Some days are going really really well. I have in general been sleeping better as long as it's not too hot out. 

Workouts: With family in town I didn't get too much running done. 1 six mile run, and then with a bunch of other walking my legs were not up to running. Oh well. Did a lot of walking, a little horseback riding, and now I'm trying to get back into my swing of strength and yoga training. We'll try. 

Diet: Pretty happy with where I'm at - we've been on a pretty veg heavy binge - which is awesome. I've been adding ice cream sandwiches to it - because they have CALCIUM :) At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Best moment this week: Seeing the little leech on ultrasound!





Miss anything: This week I missed wine a little. It's more sad to miss out on a fun beverage when there are more people indulging. Oh well!

Food cravings: Not in particular. I just want to eat all of the things!


I did see these at the store the other day. Sounded like the pregnancy box of snickers: confused, sleepy, cranky, spacey, drama mama, whiny, and feisty!




Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Sex Guess: After seeing the calmest, most chilled out baby on the ultrasound ever, this week I'm thinking girl. 

Labor signs: Thankfully no, better not for a long time.

Symptoms: Starving - always, gas, ungainliness, forgetfulness, and sleep disturbances. Frequent urination, strange pulling sensations, and the weird hip thing is starting to come back. 

Belly button in or out? The ultrasound tech had me remove my belly button ring, so now it's out for good. Unfortunately, now that it's out, the weirdness of my belly button's shape is significantly more apparently. SUPER STRANGE!




 Wedding rings on or off: On, and loose. Still doing fine there!

Emotional state: Feeling pretty good other than SHOCKED that halfway has come so fast!

Looking forward to: Hopefully feeling movement everyday, and also hearing back from the midwife on the final report from the ultrasound.




Everything is feeling much more real now, and we've started the process of amassing things. Here's just a few small pics of gifts and purchases lately. We also put together our registries (other than car seat - still researching) in the last week or two, because people are starting to ask!



 We are planning on cloth diapering, so we've started to get together a stash of used diapers. This was an adorable thrift store find!


 Here's a few books that were gifted to us!


One homemade Cat in the Hat quilt! This is AMAZING!

Hoping to get some workout photos taken by my hubby in the next few days for better updates. Also, I have a fun update with some of the things we did in the last week, to make up for the lack of many useful posts lately! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment