Sunday, February 14, 2016

Pregnancy Update Week 19

Baby size/Important facts: 6" long (head to rump) and about 9 oz. Starting to grow body hair and such. Practicing backflips. 

Size comparisons: Mango, square tissue box, pair of sunglasses, hot dog, other weird crap I'm sure....


Weight Change: Total gain of 9 lbs

Waist Change: 
  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone:
    • Waist: 0"
    • Bellybutton: 0.5"
  • Total gain:
    • Waist: 2"
    • Bellybutton: 4.5"
Maternity clothes: Still only a couple pairs of shorts and pants I can wear. Shirts are also becoming a problem, as I've always been comfy in fitted tops. I have only a couple that are long enough. Trying to get by without spending more $$ on clothes though. 

Bra changes: Mostly staying the same recently, thankfully. 

Stretch marks: I have some from my teen years on my thighs, no new ones yet.

Sleep: Still comes and goes. Doing better falling asleep, just still not always as good at staying asleep. Pillow always helps, bladder never does. Actually, TWICE in the last week, I made it 6+ hours before waking up to pee. Unfortunately it was late enough and light enough by then I couldn't fall back asleep. 

Workouts: Ran a little less this week, had family in town, but still got a few runs in. Yoga and strength training completely abandoned while we have house guests, but I've otherwise been up and active and such, so I don't feel too bad. At least I'm burning calories. Slowly riding a little more and a little faster, and so far my hips are tolerating!!

Diet: Doing pretty well, a little high in total calories and red meat while we have people over, but still getting plenty of veg. Also splurging on Krispy Kremes. Oh well, one week with junk won't kill me. 

Best moment this week: Feeling the little leech do a somersault for the first time. Still only feeling occasional movement, but now I'm sure I'm feeling a little. HOOORAY!

Miss anything: Still missing appropriate pants to ride in. Tired of feeling like I have to pee the whole time I am wearing the pants. 

Food cravings: Not much, unless my lovely husband specifically mentions something while I'm hungry. Like Krispy Kreme donuts or ice cream sandwiches, lol. 




Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Sex Guess: Due to the kicking me while riding today, I've decided I'm thinking boy right now...

Labor signs: Thankfully no, better not for a long time.

Symptoms: Starving - always, gas, ungainliness, forgetfulness, and sleep disturbances. 

Belly button in or out? It's starting to think about becoming flush, but not inverting yet.  

Wedding rings on or off: On, and loose. I have had a few moments where they were a little tight though. Considering picking up a fake or silicone ring as a placeholder so I don't feel naked if/when I have to remove them. 

Emotional state: Comes and goes. We finally had heat installed in our house, so I'm feeling less pathetic which also helps!

Looking forward to: Our 1/2 way anatomy scan ultrasound on TUESDAY!!!!


Now I have people starting to be amazed that I am still so active and can function. Yes, I went to a state park and walked around for several hours the other day. It went great. I didn't have the right shoes, but didn't have any real suffering from it. I'm just starting now to need a bit of cushioning in my shoes if I'm going to be on my feet more than an hour. That's weird for me though.

Also, people are really starting to notice my size. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment