Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pregnancy Update 24!! VIABILITY!

Hitting week 24 is widely celebrated as "viability day" meaning that IF this little leech were delivered from here on out, there is a good chance that he/she would survive - albeit spending a lot of time in the NICU and with a high chance of complications right now. Even so, still a good thing. Hoping to keep it cooking for a couple more months!

Baby size/Important facts: 12" ish? Roughly 1.5 lbs! By now leech has eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair!

Size comparisons: cantalope, length of a package of oreos (or standard letter), and now a LARGE baseball mitt.  





Weight Change: Total gain of ~19.5 lbs 

Waist Change: 
  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone:
    • Waist: 1" 
    • Bellybutton: 1" 
  • Total gain: 
    • Waist: 4.5"
    • Bellybutton: 7.5"
Maternity clothes: My maternity wardrobe is holding out well, though I am considering whether 1 more pair of shorts would make sense, or maybe a shorter skirt or two. Tired of people suggesting the maxi skirt. Uhm, nope. Don't want long skirts down to my ankles to keep me warm in the heat. Getting by on pre-pregnancy swim suits though!



Bra changes: Sports bra is getting a little tight at the bottom from belly, so now we're using it with 2 of 10 clasps undone, because I'm just not classy! It's still doing it's job though, so no real complaints.

Stretch marks: I keep looking but haven't found them...

Sleep: Getting slightly better, and still doing alright on the days that I don't get enough, which is nice for now!

Workouts: This week they're down. I have my "little sister" Grace visiting and we can't exactly leave her behind when we run, so we only ran twice this week so far and this coming week is looking worse. Doing a little strength training and yoga after she goes to bed - plus chasing around a 10 year old is keeping me pretty active. I did a bunch of swimming the other day, so that's at least good!



Diet: Generally doing well. Shocked that I'm still gaining so much weight so fast as I actually cut back slightly on the amount of food I've been eating and have stayed away from the junk food. Apparently I just need the weight because I've been consistently starving - so I'm trying to listen to my body while trying to make sure I don't gain more than 35 lbs total - we'll see! Granted, I have been swelling this week some so some of it may be water weight. Easter candy this week is not going to help!

Best moment this week: Hearing the leech's heartbeat at the doctors, yay! Also, a lady on my forum made me some ADORABLE newborn sized cloth diaper covers, SO EXCITED TO GET THEM IN THE MAIL!



Miss anything: Still miss sitting nicely

Food cravings: Nope, just all of the food! 

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Sex Guess: This week feels more like a girl, for no particular reason.

Labor signs: Thankfully no, better not for a long time.

Symptoms: Hungry, gas, sleep issues, and all of the peeing. So honestly, not too bad! 

Belly button in or out? About 1/2 way out. Weird looking!



Wedding rings on or off: Off, and I feel naked. Considering picking up a silicone flexible ring just to feel better. I'm swelling just a little bit, but can't seem to get it to go away even with tons of water and such.

Emotional state: Doing really well, just a little exhausted from chasing around an energetic 10 year old!



Looking forward to: More beach time this week - and taking Grace to meet WINTER the dolphin with the prosthetic tail.



Doubting now that I'll get a full post done before Grace leaves, but we'll try. 

What are your favorite activities you remember from family vacations as a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment