Saturday, March 5, 2016

Pregnancy Update Week 22!

Baby size/Important facts: ~11.5" and ~ 131 lbs! Little leech has more developed lips & eyes, so is looking much more human! 

Size comparisons: Papaya, baseball mitt, standard hatchet head. I love the awkward comparisons. 






Weight Change: Total gain of ~15 lbs

Waist Change: 
  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone:
    • Waist: 1"
    • Bellybutton: 0.5"
  • Total gain:
    • Waist: 4"
    • Bellybutton: 5"



Maternity clothes: Managing with the same wardrobe still - luckily I feel like there's lots of room to grow in them.

Bra changes: Sports bra is getting a little tight at the bottom from belly, but if it feels too tight, I'll just undo another clasp, because I'm just not classy!


Stretch marks: I have some from my teen years on my thighs, no new ones yet.

Sleep: Still comes and goes. On workout days it usually goes well. On non-workout days...less good.


Workouts: Running had a few letdowns this week. For the second time, I had to cut out on a run. Instead of the 30-35 min we planned, I only managed about 10. I was getting a weird internal ligament pain (thanks for stretching uterus) and that was actually shortening up my stride on my right leg only, I could feel the impact (pun intended) of it all the way up my leg. So I quit. However, purchased my super sexy new maternity support belt (just you wait, photos to come) and this made the next run possible. Hoping to regain a normal run schedule next week. Still not back to riding yet, but my horse is slowly recovering as well so I'm hopeful to be back up by the end of this coming week. Did some more yoga and some yard work, planning on my strength training tomorrow (lol, we'll see). 

Diet: Well obviously I'm eating enough, having put on 4 lbs just this week! We made some homemade egg rolls that we deep fried and had another low veggie day in there, plus missing out on a run, so we'll see if I can slow that gain a little going into next week. I don't want to stop gaining, but 4 lbs a week could be rough. 



Best moment this week: At the end of my yoga practice, little leech had a total dance party in there. I could see it and feel it, inside and out. Ended up flipping around for the first time (I think) in 3 weeks. Not sure if it was because they hated or loved the practice, but it was fun!


Miss anything: Still having a really rough time sitting comfortably and this week with the food indulgences had some sleep issues due to gut pain. The recliner is becoming my new favorite for everything. The desk chair I'm hiding from.

Food cravings: I have been in the habit of having "dessert" after dinner. Maybe some of my famous applesauce jello, or an apple, just something that's sweet.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Too much greasy egg roll was nearly a disaster, but we know how to fix it for next time. Honestly, had the wrappers not broken they wouldn't have been 1/4 as greasy, and it was largely veggies inside.

Sex Guess: According to the "early or entire pregnancy nausea" and "where does your dark line end" theories, it's a boy. 

Labor signs: Thankfully no, better not for a long time.

Symptoms: Starving - always, gas, ungainliness, forgetfulness, and sleep disturbances. Frequent urination, strange pulling sensations, and the weird hip thing is starting to come back. 

Belly button in or out? Watching it get shallower, but it's still in!




 Wedding rings on or off: On, and loose. Still doing fine there!

Emotional state: Starting to think of it as my baby instead of just a parasite that hijacked my body!

Looking forward to: Eric feeling the squirming, now it's just a matter of getting the timing right.




I have the post done for strength training, but I need to get pictures taken still (curse me for being productive outside today). If not tomorrow, then Monday I shall GET THOSE PHOTOS TAKEN! 

Also working on another post about diet & exercise balance. That shouldn't take TOO much effort to get together at least.

How many more weeks do YOU think I can manage to keep running?

2 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome so far and I have no doubt that you will give it your best shot right up until the end.. but.. it may not be very comfortable. Considering you are about to enter your 3rd trimester and that is when the baby grows fast! Lucky this is your first baby or you may be bigger lol! You are doing amazing, when I was pregnant with my 2nd it was all I could do to walk around and look for the nearest seat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all days go well, but all I figure is to do what I can, when I can. I'm sure before too long my long runs will need some walks added in. Mostly I'm happy that I haven't wet my pants yet!

      Delete