Saturday, March 12, 2016

Pregnancy Update Week 23!

We have officially finished the 5th month and are moving into the 6th!

Baby size/Important facts: 11" ish? Slightly more than a lb! This week baby is developing nipples and face is now fully formed just missing some fat!

Size comparisons: large grapefruit, box of Kraft mac & cheese, fertility idol (Raiders of the Lost Ark). 





Weight Change: Total gain of ~17 lbs (yes, that's now up 6 lbs in two weeks!)

Waist Change: 
  • Week 10
    • Waist: 29" 
    • Bellybutton: 33.5" 
  • Size gain this week alone:
    • Waist: -.05" 
    • Bellybutton: 1.5" (I think baby moved down this week)
  • Total gain: 
    • Waist: 3.5"
    • Bellybutton: 6.5"
Maternity clothes: My maternity wardrobe is holding out well, though I may not get much more use out of the pants. Not due to size, but heat. It's already 80+ in the afternoons!




Bra changes: Sports bra is getting a little tight at the bottom from belly, so now we're using it with 2 of 10 clasps undone, because I'm just not classy! It's still doing it's job though, so no real complaints.


Stretch marks: I keep looking but haven't found them...




He will forgive me one day! Thanks Barley for letting me test out this swing with 11 lbs in it. 

Sleep: Eh, not great, but luckily I'm not needing it as badly. I keep either not falling asleep until after I've had yet another snack, or waking up starving at 2-3 am. This is after having a decent sized snack/mini meal at 11:30 pm and going to bed at 12. WTF?





Workouts: Still rocking the SUPER SEXY maternity belt. But, still running. Long run this Saturday accomplished and didn't feel too bad after it! Managing to get in my yoga, a little bit of riding (yay horse for finally recovering), and strength training. Been doing well here and it shows - much less sore in hips & back! 

Diet: Been all over the place this week. We did a homemade pizza last Sunday, several super healthy meals during the week, but then I pigged out on girl scout cookies for a bit, and lived on pepperoni and buttered noodles (not quite together) for some 2 am snacks. Oh well!

Best moment this week: I attempted to listen to leech's heartrate at home with a cheapie stethoscope. Didn't work, but did piss off the little leech enough to get the scope kicked repetitively. So, win!


Miss anything: Sitting comfortably. Having some aching in my rib cage on my right side and this makes sitting upright (in a chair or car) pretty unfortunate. Ick.

Food cravings: Nah, not really. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Sex Guess: Idk, this week, I'm just happy to be feeling movement every 1.5-2 hours for a few minutes at a time.

Labor signs: Thankfully no, better not for a long time.

Symptoms: Hungry, gas, sleep issues, and all of the peeing. So honestly, not too bad! 

Belly button in or out? I feel like the clock is ticking, but it's holding in strong!




These two boys are enough to keep me
entertained all day. 


 Wedding rings on or off: On, and OK! They're not as loose as they were, but still not tight. Trying my best to keep hydrated to help reduce potential swelling.

Emotional state: Trying to just relax and enjoy this moment right now. When it's sunny and beautiful and the top is down and the breeze is nice and I can still walk without pain! Also I think I've been extra sentimental, I spend all day wanting to cuddle with my dog.

Looking forward to: Eric feeling movement, my "little sister" visiting next week, and our next appointment on Tuesday!




Working hard on a post all about balancing life. Hoping to get it done before crazy kid spring break happens!

Do you remember to take the time to be thankful for the good moments in your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment